Thursday 7 January 2010

Llanbedrog beach



One of the things I regret about living here in Cambridge is being so far from the sea. I love the sea, I love the sound and the smell of it, and I love walking along a beach and never quite knowing what I'll find.

For my birthday at the end of December we visited one of my favourite beaches, at Llanbedrog, near Pwllhelli on the Lleyn Peninsula in North Wales. It's not the most beautiful beach from a picture-postcard perspective, but it has mermaid's purses, oversized whelk shells, and a technicolour range of pebbles derived from a wide variety of rocks. This year it also had oystercatchers, some very confiding turnstones, and a magnificent view of a snow-covered Snowdon.

We picnicked in the sunshine and pottered along the beach. A pretty good way to spend a birthday (even if it was a cold one!).







4 comments:

  1. Lovely images Penny, particularly of Snowdon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious view of the mountain that holds many winter climbing memories. I can see why you enjoyed combing the beach. FAB.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the scene images,great shell shot.
    John.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Penny, what wonderful photos you have on your blog. What a lovely visit this looked too. Love the turnstones shot. Wishing you a great weekend. Hope the snow isn't causing you too much disruption :-)

    ReplyDelete